Want to write for Cats and Backpacks? We’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for posts on animal experiences, budgeting, teaching abroad, something inspirational or a great narrative. Take a paws to look at our guidelines below, then if you have a post or photo essay idea that you think would fit with our site then please get in touch with your pitch!
- Posts must be at least 700 words long, however there is no maximum word limit
- Photo essays must be at least 300 words long
- Posts must not have been published elsewhere online or in print- original work only please
- Please include at least five images with your post- three horizontal images for the body of the text, one horizontal header image and one vertical image for Pinterest purposes
- Photo essays must contain at least 10 images in the body of the text, plus one horizontal header image and one vertical image for Pinterest purposes
- Horizontal images must be at least 1200px wide, and vertical images at least 600px wide
- All images must be free from copyright restrictions- the guest author shall take full responsibility in the event that this is not followed
- You may include two external links within the body of the text- no affiliate links please
- We reserve the right to insert our own links within the body of the text
- We may need to make minor editorial changes for SEO or grammar purposes, however we will discuss this with you if required
- Please also include a short author bio to accompany your post, along with links to your Social Media accounts and a head shot so that we can promote you and your post
Cat puns are appreciated but are not mandatory